This barbecue chicken recipe got 5 stars from the fans at Man Tested. Perfect for Father’s day or for any-old day of the year. Enjoy this great recipe! Courtesy of Man Tested Recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (3 1/2 to 4 pound) fryer chickens, cut up
Preparation method Prep: 5 mins | Cook: 1 hour
1. To make barbecue sauce, stir together everything but the chicken in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Simmer on low for 15 minutes. Reserve half of the sauce for serving and keep the other half in a bowl by the grill.
2. Preheat the grill to medium (or medium-low) and lightly oil grate.
3. Place the chicken on grill. Grill the chicken for about 40 minutes, turning every 5 minutes or so. Then baste with the sauce by the grill and grill for another 10 minutes. Chicken needs to be at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit internally.
4. When you serve up this BBQ chicken, offer guests the sauce you reserved to pour over it.